Monday, February 23, 2015

Baked Southwestern Spaghetti Squash ...

Spaghetti Squash has become a favorite food of ours lately.  We used to eat so much pasta and we were really trying to get away from that - so zoodles and spaghetti squash took center stage in our lives!

Typically on Sunday's I cook up the squash and save it in a container for later in the week.  We usually serve it mixed with some shrimp or crab and mixed veggies, and we were looking to switch things up a bit.  What better to do than try a new recipe?!? And, what's even better is that we loved the new recipe!

Baked Southwestern Spaghetti Squash


What You'll Need:
Spaghetti Squash
3/4 Can black beans, drained (I used a whole can)
3/4 Can corn, drained (I used a whole can)
1 Can Rotel
Jalapenos chopped (I didn't add these) 
1 Cup shredded cheese divided in half
Toppings: Salsa, sour cream, avocado

The Process:
1. Bake your Spaghetti Squash (I did this ahead of time)
2. Put in an 8x8 baking dish 
3. Add beans, corn, rotel, jalapenos, and 1/2 cup cheese and stir well
4. Sprinkle the rest of other 1/2 cup of cheese on top
5. Bake at 375 degrees until the cheese on top is melted and bubbling (20-25 minutes)
6. Add toppings and enjoy! 

I must say, this dish was DELICIOUS and one we will definitely be having again!


2 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy!! Our family is die-hard Mexican and this just screams amazing. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope your family likes it! I know it will now be made quite often in our house!! :)

      Delete