Sunday, July 12, 2015

Tigers Game ...

It seems as if this summer we literally hit the ground running!  Starting back the weekend after school got out {Yes I'm slacking on the blogging according to my mother} we headed down to Detroit for a Tigers game. 

The hubs and I were so lucky to be able to stay with D, one of my science girls.  She not only opened her home up to us for two nights, but also said to bring along the pup!

D and I spent the morning going to Ikea, Penzey's, and the farmer's market --- you know all the touristy things that we could fit in! 


And I must say Otis LOVED D!  While we were gone at the game she walked him, and loved on him, and we couldn't ask for more! 

Otis and his new friend D :)

The main reason why we headed down "south" was to catch some baseball!  My parents have never been to a game and it was on their bucket list so we had to fulfill that request!  The hubs has also not been to a game in Comerica Park so we were checking something off for him too! My sister, bro-in-law, parents, hubs and I had a blast! 

Mom, Dad, Hubs, and Me

We started the game out in right field.  While we were enjoying ourselves, the people behind us were having tons of fun if you know what I mean - like not seeing straight and we were worried we might have their lunch on our backs, ick! 

We were in survival mode - haha!

Sisters


The whole gang

We made the most of it though.  And to top the evening off we ended up in Box Seats!  That was a first for my parents, the hubs & I.  Boy were they GREAT seats!  Many thanks to my bro-in-law as it was his company that was up there. 

Quite the view! 


My mom did inform us that if she could have this view she'd definitely come again - haha! :)

My parents

We ended the evening with a yummy dinner - walking around Greek Town - and taking touristy photos.

The hubs & me

Selfie with everyone! 

A great little get away to kick summer into gear! 

{and yes mom, I'll hopefully get caught up here soon!}



No comments:

Post a Comment