Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The big 3-0 ...



Oh yes, I have officially joined the 3-0 Club {as of May 16}. I will be the first to admit that I was a little apprehensive to reach this milestone birthday - 30 just seemed, well so old to me. I wasn't looking forward to it one little bit. 

So, as a coping strategy I decided to declare a "Birthday Week" of celebrating. I mean, if you're celebrating something for a whole week it can't be that bad right?!?

The hubs jumped right on board and got me two new chairs for our front porch - I love them!

Of course my kinders were a little confused when I told them I was so excited to be gifted chairs - they probably think it's the lamest thing ever, haha!

I woke up the day before my birthday {Friday} and found flowers from the pooch in the kitchen. He's a smart pup that guy!!

And who would have known it there were flowers waiting for me at school, along with a super sweet note, from the hubs as well!  Another very smart man ;)

To top things off in the flower department I also had flowers from my school secret pal delivered! Now I love fresh flowers but hardly ever have them so I was in heaven - and the smell of the in the house brings a smile to my face!!


A birthday isn't complete without a birthday treat - so homemade ice cream sandwiches it was!

And let me tell you, these bad boys were GOOD!! One of my kinders said, "Wow Mrs. Webb, your mom makes really good cookies!" Because of course in their mind my mom would make my birthday treat. I just cracked up and said it was my moms recipe but I made them. He assured me she had a good recipe then :)

Some of my kinders brought me in the cutest gifts too {they were all so excited for my birthday}. One was a stepping stone that she assured me "Otis will know not to go past it." ;)


Friday night my parents surprised me by stopping on their way downstate to have dinner together. A welcomed surprise in deed!

On my actual birthday the hubs and I headed up to TC. We did some shopping and I got to pick a movie to see {Pitch Prefect 2}. I was able to FaceTime my little loves too who were so excited to give me some birthday wishes. We then met friends back in town for dinner. 



I have to admit, this turning 3-0 thing wasn't really that big of a deal. I mean, age is just a number right? That means I can still refer to myself as 25 ... Right?!?! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment