Monday, April 18, 2016

Barry Roubaix ...

Race season for the hubs has officially begun!   We made our journey down to Hastings for the 4th year in a row.  Thankfully, my cousins live SO close to the race so we get to visit with them and stay at their house - a definite extra bonus! 


The race this year was moved BACK too - which was a HUGE bonus for me.  Typically at this race I am wearing my parka, long underwear, hats, mittens, scarves ... you get the picture!  Well, this year I was SHEDDING the layers and actually ended up getting a little burnt from the beautiful sun that decided to grace us with its presence. 


The hubs finished strong even with some technical problems.  The warm weather made for some dusty dusty riding!   When the hubs got done and was talking to me, I noticed a line of dirt across the bottom of his teeth from where his mouth was open - he also said after he had showered he was amazed by how much dirt was in his ears - yuck! 


But the hubs and his buddies had an amazing race - I got to walk around downtown and found a sunny spot to read for a bit.  All in all a great day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment