Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Day lilies for days ...

I am not a gardener.  I kill anything that's green - not on purpose.  But even my succulents, which apparently are SO easy to keep alive and require little work, yeah, I killed those.  I have ONE plant that I've managed to keep alive, and for that - I'm pretty darn proud.

SO, when it comes to the great outdoors I love that our yard is pretty much a cut-everything-back in the spring and it will reappear {many thanks to the previous owners!}.  But, apparently our day lilies were getting a little out of hand - and who knew they're not suppose to be right up against the house because they can ruin the foundation?!? Yeah, this girl didn't know that!  


So this past weekend I dug - and dug - and dug out day lilies. 


And when I say dug and dug - oh I mean DUG and DUG!  These little suckers are HARD to get out.  And, a word of advice if you'd like it - this is not to be done with a hand shovel.  We might have had to make a home depot run to get a larger shovel {which we didn't have} after I bent the hand shovel time and time again --- oops! 


But I'm happy to say that I succeeded in taking out an entire row of day lilies.  There are still PLENTY left, but now there is a nice space between the flowers and the house.  And my body - oh how my body still aches from squatting and digging - and digging and squatting ...


As a bonus - I was able to gift some of the day lilies to people - yes, we sure did have day lilies for DAYS! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment