Saturday, January 24, 2015

Slow Cooker Granola ...

I had a Granola recipe that I used and loved ... but it calls for almond flour and I'm currently fresh out!  So, I decided to try a different recipe after trying some granola a coworker had made - and to make it even better it uses the crock pot {my BFF!}.

Slow Cooker Granola 


What you'll need:
5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
3/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup honey
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
1 cup chopped nuts of choice {I ended up using sliced almonds}
1 to 2 cups dried fruit, chocolate chip, or mix in of choice {I picked up a trail mix from Aldi with dried fruit and small chocolate chunks, I just had to pick out the almonds - perfect!}


The Process:


1. In sauce pan melt oil, mix in honey
2. Mix the oats, flaxseed, coconut, and nuts together in crock pot
3. Add honey mixture, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir thoroughly.
4. Allow granola to cook 2-4 hours on Low, stir every 30 minutes to keep from burning. {my coworker said she cooked hers on High for an hour and just stirred it more often} (Leave cover slightly cracked to allow moisture to escape}
5. Allow to cool, then mix in dried fruit and/or chocolate chips.
6. Store refrigerated in air tight container for several weeks.


It is so yummy - and so easy!  I enjoyed some of it this morning mixed in with my yogurt :)


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment