Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Snowshoeing ...

Last year for the Hub's birthday I got him two pairs of snowshoes.  I figured it would be a fun winter activity for us to do.  Downfall to last winter, it was SO cold!  We never got out to use them, in fact only one pair was taken out one day and the Hubs took a lap around his house just to say he had used them.

So I vowed that this year we would use them!

Today, after being at school for almost 10 hours - we got home, let out the dogs {which I'm surprised they didn't have yellow eyes!}, and we headed out to the lake!  {I apologize for the quality of photos - they were just taken with my phone}


The pups LOVED it!  They only got tangled up a couple times, and only wiped out on the pure ice a time or two.


I think it's safe to say we will be doing this again - it was so nice and quiet, and we were the only ones out there!


Next time I told the Hubs we'll have to do it when it's light out - or perhaps as the sun is setting.  The sunsets on this lake are always breathtaking, and I'm sure being out there on the water would make it that much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment