Sunday, November 2, 2014

Baking Bug ...

Typically on Saturday mornings I'm early to rise - it's the internal clock in me.  Sleeping until 8 is a big deal!  The hubs however, he sure does enjoy his sleeping in.  

Usually I spend my Saturday mornings putting away dishes and then relaxing on the couch until the Hubs wakes up ... but that was not the case yesterday.

Yesterday the baking bug bit me BIG time!  I started making some granola and cracking open our new vanilla from Penzeys Spices {I love their stuff!}.


This granola is my absolute fav - and it fits in with trying to work some paleo recipes into my diet {many thanks to Cor!}.  It's chalked full of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almond flour, coconut, honey - oh so much goodness!

It's my fav for breakfast served with banana - oh delish!


After the granola I decided I'd surprise the hubs with making his favorite - energy bite. I've made these for him in the past but I haven't since we've tied the knot {bad wife!}.  He might have woken up while I was in the middle of making these and he seemed pretty happy :)


These are the best for a little snack after work while cooking dinner {or waiting for the hubs to get back from a ride}.  They usually don't last very long!


I didn't stop there - I moved on to apples!

I bought an apple corer-peeler-slicer a couple weeks ago and I've waited for the perfect opportunity to use it.  I decided to make some crockpot apple sauce! I loved the ease of this machine {even if I did break it when I opened it and the hubs had to fix it right away for me, oops!}


The apples smelt soooo good cooking while we watched some football.  Unfortunately I must have added a little bit too much liquid because the applesauce was a little runny.  But, I ate some of it today and it is pretty much the perfect consistency - not too chunky yet not too watery - perfect in my eyes! 


One more baking adventure for the day {and excuse to use the corer-peeler-slicer was to make an apple crisp!  This was a first for me and I have to say, thanks to pinterest, it was pretty simple !


It was the perfect treat after dinner - which we ventured to the local pub for because by this point I was done n the kitchen! :)


My next adventure will be to make some pumpkin bread.  I found a yummy {hopefully} recipe on pinterest that I want to try - we'll see how long I last before I get bit by the bug again ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment