Sunday, November 30, 2014

Cowboy Salsa ...

This goodness - oh this sweet sweet goodness was a HUGE hit at Thanksgiving.  


We might have actually dipped into this before the whole family arrived ... and I must admit, once you have one bite you just can't stop!

What is this you might ask?! Why, it's Cowboy Salsa!

This is best made ahead of time {I made it on Monday evening and we ate it on Thursday}.  The more time it sits, the more it marinates and gets all the goodness soaked into the beans :)

I thought I must share this recipe, it's so easy {even I can't mess it up!} and it's delish!

Cowboy Salsa

What you'll need:
1 can of each - Pinto Beans, Black Beans, Black-eyed Peas, Northern Beans, White Corn, Chopped Chilies
1 Green and Red Pepper
5 Cloves of Garlic
2 Jalapenos {I didn't include these}
1/2 Red Onion Chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 Cup White Vinegar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Veg. Oil

The Process:
1. Drain and Rinse all the "Canned" items
2. Dump everything into a dish {I used a 9x13 Rubbermaid container}
3. Place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 6 hours

See, so easy! Serve with tortilla chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment